Dog days in Central Florida


Today in Central Florida was one of those days that you simply couldn't be outside, much less walk your dog. The thermometer hit 92 F (the record high is 99 F back in 1914, so we were pretty close). But the humidity was 76% ! Who can stand that?  It's no wonder that Trixie my beagle refuses to even walk half a block under these circumstances. My vet told me to be careful during these hot days when I walk my dog. During summer in Central Florida, the best times to walk your dog are either very early in the morning or about half an hour before sunset (which is now around 8:23 p.m.). If I take Trixie to the park, I carry a couple of poop bags, one for the poop, of course, and one for water. I fill up the bag with water from a fountain and, boy, she loves to drink that cold water in days like these. But let me refer you to people who really know about this: check out ASPCA's weather tips at http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/pet-care-tips/hot-weather-tips.aspx  I wish you and your pet a cool (not hot!!!!) summer. Here's Trixie with a message for you: "Woof!" Good girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment